Heartbreak is losing a smoothly working job and facing a layoff situation. You can’t completely shield you from having a layoff. But you can avoid it. You only need to get the answer of which skill should you focus on to avoid layoff? To avoid a layoff situation know why a layoff is happening in your organisation? Personal management, downsizing the organization, merging or acquisition are the general roots of a layoff situation.
Also, location shift, cost-cutting, change in government or company policies or a buyout invites it.
Layoff situation is devastating both professionally and emotionally. But you can avoid layoff like a pro. Just reskill.
Which Skills Should You Focus on to Avoid Layoff
1) Add never seen value: Into every project pours unexpected value. Don’t stick to office hours, work more,reskill, your perseverance will avoid layoff.
2) Give up gossiping: Forget gossiping and in the break work improving your craft.
3) Embrace change: Be the first to adapt to changes. Inertia to change is a thing you need to reskill to avoid layoff.
4) Be a little extrovert: Expand your network, work on your public relations, speak up in the meetings and show that you exist.
5) Rule your field: Own your field as a genius, go deep and know everything.
6) Warm up leadership: Show your leadership skills especially in the crisis. Reskill it to be far away from a layoff situation.
7) Creative: Don’t just be out of the box, break any mediocre box present.
8) Let actions speak: Do what you say, reskill filling reliability in you.
9) Expand your reach: Know about every pertinent field, don’t be the owner of your craft only.
10) Show grit: Get up whenever you fall. Everyone wants relentless people.
11) Make air positive: Be the vibe that makes the environment soothing with positivity whenever you enter the office.
Also Read: How to build self-confidence
12) Be human library: Study about your craft and research how you can excel at productivity.
13) Be fit: When Layoff lists are made lethargic and lazy people are the first to be on it. Be superfit.
14) Love pressure: Be the one who works exceptionally under pressure. You won’t ever face a layoff situation ever.
Also Read: How to build new habits
15) Produce solutions: When everyone would be saying why it won’t work, be the leader who finds how to make it work.
16) Volunteer: Volunteer to do new projects. Courage is always respected in an organisation.
17) Be you: Be authentic, being someone’s copy is like being a scrap.
The last of the skill you should focus on to avoid layoff is to respect the work. Honour the pay you receive, be worth it. Stop nagging about your job and start respecting it. Reskill respect in you to avoid layoff situation forever.